Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
StampDAQ with USB — Parallax Forums

StampDAQ with USB

ChcKsssChcKsss Posts: 10
edited 2006-08-03 16:37 in BASIC Stamp
ok, this might be a stupid question, but my BSII has just a USB connection to the PC and not a serial one. Since the StampDAQ tool is so nice and really handy, I want to use it. The DAQ is giving me the acknowledgement, that it is connected to the board. But even with the sample codes in the DAQ help it doesn't want to work. So my basic question is: Can I use the StampDAQ with my USB connection? And if yes, about what should I take care of?

ChcKsss

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-08-03 15:53
    Your board maybe a USB version, however, it is converted to serial regarding the communication to the BASIC Stamp.· Make sure that you close the Debug window and this will allow the data to be transferred.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • ChcKsssChcKsss Posts: 10
    edited 2006-08-03 16:02
    yes, you're right. I read the same in the help file. But in the sample code that i am using (Simple stampDAQ Example), there doesn't open an DEBUG window and still it doesn't work confused.gif
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-08-03 16:30
    Are you using the USB BOE?· I have tested it here with the USB Board of Education and it seems to work just fine.· Are clicking on the "Enable Macros" button?· Try re-starting Stamp DAQ from scratch and see if it makes a difference.· Also, make sure that you are using a com port that is numbered in the range of 1 to 9.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • ChcKsssChcKsss Posts: 10
    edited 2006-08-03 16:37
    Now it is working smile.gif I really don't know what was wrong, because this is what I did the whole morning... But I'm happy now.