Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Weatherstamp Code? — Parallax Forums

Weatherstamp Code?

GlennEmeryGlennEmery Posts: 6
edited 2006-12-31 22:03 in General Discussion
Hi All,

Does anyone have the code for Weatherstamp or Weatherstamp 2?

Was once available via www.weatherstamp.com or parnelleng.com - Looks like his sites are no longer?

Many Thanks!

Glenn

Post Edited (GlennEmery) : 8/3/2006 2:27:28 AM GMT

Comments

• GlennEmeryGlennEmery Posts: 6
    edited 2006-08-03 17:15
    <bump>

Bummer....No ideas?

I've dropped a couple of notes to his old email addies.

Now that I've had time to build this "project" can anyone kindly assist this newbie with a possible flowchart, list, code, ideas (etc, etc, etc)....ummm...where to start on getting this working?

I've been dabbling with sensors, signals, etc with regards to the BS2 for some time now but...well....not sure best way to get the Weatherstamp 2 communicating as "one".

With Much Thanks and Utmost Appreciation,

Glenn
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-08-03 17:32
    Was this at all Parallax related? or someone just using the generic "stamp" term?

Sounds like you might just have to re-engineer the code!
    OR, so who has theirs online and ask them for their code (I'm sure you've tried that)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
    edited 2006-08-03 17:39
    Hi Steve,

The WeatherStamp 2 utilizes the Parallax BS2.

If you do Google "weatherstamp" you'll find much old info on it and if you search some of the Parallax Forum archives there's also some "chat" regarding the project. I figured someone must have the source code "somewhere".

I've been searching high and low for the code and my last resort will be to re-engineer. I've much learning before I can do that though.

and

My first step would be to exhaust "other" resources first.

Glenn
  • PDavisPDavis Posts: 1
    edited 2006-12-27 20:19
    You can pull the code from the Wayback machine (hxxp://www.archive.org). The file name is wsms200b.zip. Once downloaded, winzip said it was corrupt and would not open it. I opened it in WinRAR and performed a repair, then the zip file was readable. Files looked OK to me. There is a bunch of other info archived as well, but not the schematics. Good luck!
    edited 2006-12-27 20:40
    Many,Many,Many,Many,Many,Many,·Thanks!!!

smile.gif

·
  • uppercampbelluppercampbell Posts: 1
    edited 2006-12-31 22:03
    GlennEmery, you have a PM.

Post Edited (uppercampbell) : 12/31/2006 10:12:25 PM GMT