Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
External Data Storage — Parallax Forums

External Data Storage

cdubcdub Posts: 26
edited 2006-08-03 16:36 in BASIC Stamp
I'd like to expand on the color sorter program (TCS230) to scan and store 200 colors versus 8 and as well as its RGB reading. I have the ColorSensor kit and BOE (BS2). Samples of colors are scanned and stored in the on-board eeprom with nice tidy statements that uses a meaningful name for the address pointer etc.

All the research resulted in fairly complex code to work with external eeprom. What are the alternative solutions that might be simpler to work with like the discontinued StampMem?

Thanks,
Cdub

Post Edited (cdub) : 8/2/2006 8:16:58 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-03 04:00
    You don't need StampMem if you have a BS2p series Stamp Model, since they have 8 or more slots of EEPROM, 2K each.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • cdubcdub Posts: 26
    edited 2006-08-03 16:19
    I'll need to start thinking about branching out to other stamps then.

I have 2 BS2's so far mainly because there are so many solutions and code support available for us lower level stampers (or higher level in programmer terms), in addition to the lower price.

Is there a doc or past thread on programming differences? And if I ever get to a point where I want to duplicate an application are the BS2p's a good choice?

I ordered the 16k eeprom from your site yesterday to tinker with.

Thanks for your assistance,

Cdub
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-08-03 16:36
    The BASIC Stamp Manual is your best source for information regarding the differences between the BASIC Stamps.· Here is a link for the download:· http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/basicstamps/documentation_basic_stamp.asp

The different·BS2p versions of the BASIC Stamps all have certain features that pertain to different projects such as, more memory or faster speed.· It basically depends on what your project requires.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·