Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Small Relay Problem - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Small Relay Problem

2»

Comments

• willthiswork89willthiswork89 Posts: 359
    edited 2006-08-05 23:13
    thats actually EXACTLY how my thing is wired up, except i have it going, except im using spdt for all of them, i figured out the problem is that the nominal coil current its 89, im thinking the WAM can supply enough for two but that third one is just too much... so maybe if i get a DPDT it will be able to supply! i never thought about that... ill run to RS and grab me up a 5v DPDT and see what i can do!
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-08-06 01:06
    The leads marked +5 can come from any source. you might try a more powerful source for this power.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2006-08-06 02:02
    i dont understand the ground and positive... can you please explain? like i understand that one is positive one is negative... but i thought that it will not use the circuit if i dont use the same positive and negative it wont run? im definantly thinking the current is too much for the stamp... but how does the negative work? i never understood the difference actually... why do mosfets aplify the ground and not the positive? ect.
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-08-06 14:07
    Mosfet do not amplify the ground they are just switching it on and off..

The same thing a NPN transistor would do..

But you have PNP transistors so that means you are switching on and off the positive from your battery.

Make sure you have a diode in your curuit a 1N914from radioshack will work fine put the black line where the line is above the triangle in the schematic.

You also need to make you some type of external powersupply for projects...
    edited 2006-08-06 16:56
    alright guys thanks alot im going to go ahead and try this today!
    edited 2006-08-14 15:39
    guys i actually had a multimeter and didnt know it, it does voltage too but never notices i can use a 10A DC plugin or the VΩMa Plugin anyways the big motor is consuming 2.5-3.0 Amps... It alternates between the two up and down so i will just say three.... thats the magic number everyone was asking for so hopefully i can get this project back up and runnin!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Learn somthing about everything, and Everthing about somthing-