Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp 2px with MG12064E3-SERIES-1 (LCD) — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp 2px with MG12064E3-SERIES-1 (LCD)

scot_drummerscot_drummer Posts: 2
edited 2006-08-02 09:09 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

i m have problem over here, i have just purchase a LCD·display which is·MG12064E3-SERIES-1.·· And i do not know how to program the BS2px to communciate with the LCD display..... Please help me·because this is my School Project its very important to me, and btw i try to read the manual it doesn't really help much to help understand the how it works...... thank u

Agape

Ben

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-02 08:32
    scot_drummer -

It appears to me that you've purchased a graphics LCD without much in the way of documentation, and with a parallel input. Based on that, I doubt you'll be able to get much help.

Most of us use character LCDs, or if we use graphics LCDs, they generally have a serial interface. Sorry!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • scot_drummerscot_drummer Posts: 2
    edited 2006-08-02 08:45
    HI

Thank u .... but do u recommend any other LCD display for character that u think is best for us...
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-02 09:09
    scot_drummer -

Any character LCD which is compatible with the venerable Hitachi HD44780 will work fine, and there are literally thousands of those type of LCDs both new and surplus, worldwide.

If you are located in the USA or wish to purchase from here, I'll be happy to offer some links with such LCDs as low as (about) $10.00 apiece. Obviously these are new or used surplus, and not new.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->