Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK, but the Panther can't roar... — Parallax Forums

PINK, but the Panther can't roar...

MarcelMarcel Posts: 32
edited 2006-08-02 17:52 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I purchased the "Basic Stamp Discovery Kit (USB)" and the PINK.· My compliments, the items looks great and will give a lot of fun, but ...

I·ran into problems when it comes to the communication between the Stamp and the PINK. I follow the setup information on paper. Both systems, apart from each other works great. But trying to let them communicate with each other is just like visiting another planet. I found some discussion here about the PINK and hoped for·a solution but saw none.

I can run the the "Hello World" example on the Basic Stamp 2.·I can run the webserver, change vars by the webmodule, I can ping, uploading. But they can't talk with each other. I checked the wiring P7, P8.

DHCP is also not working, filled the quad 0.0.0.0. IP's.·All my computers uses DHCP, this little boy just doesn't respond to it.·I have a Belkin router. I run a firewall and even when I disable the firewall the PINK did not·get an IP number. I use IP-ranges on the router and there are 5 numbers left that can be used.

I checked the baud rates and they are the same, 2400, 8, N, 1 on both devices. Checked by IPSetup and the HTML-setup·page.

I used:
[size=2][code]
' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}
NBVAR VAR Byte(16)
SEROUT 8,16780,[noparse][[/noparse]"!NB0R00"]
SERIN 7,16780,[noparse][[/noparse]STR NBVAR\16\CLS]
DEBUG STR NBVAR
END

[/code][/size]
Also:
' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}
NBVAR VAR Byte
SEROUT 8,396, [noparse][[/noparse]"!NB0R00"]
SERIN 7,396, [noparse][[/noparse]STR NBVAR\16\CLS]
DEBUG DEC NBVAR
END

Voltage on the PINK is 4,94V.

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Regards,

Marcel

BTW.

I think there schould be a separate forum for the PINK...

Post Edited (Marcel) : 8/1/2006 11:35:38 PM GMT

Comments

• MarcelMarcel Posts: 32
    edited 2006-08-02 17:52
    ·Hi,

I read the threads again and again and read that someone used the PINK examples·on the Parallax site. I downloaded them and played a little with them and voilà I can read a variable from the PINK.

NBVAR VAR Byte(16)
    SEROUT 8,396,[noparse][[/noparse]"!NB0R06"]
    SERIN 7,396,[noparse][[/noparse]STR NBVAR\16\CLS]
    DEBUG STR NBVAR
    END

Literally·I·followed my tracks·back to see what I have done and the examples I typed in yesterday·do really·work. So the only difference is that I shut down my computer, took the power off the PINK and BOE and went to bed.

Now I power up the computer, the BOE and the PINK and ran the downloaded versions and the versions I typed in from the PINK description and they work. I think that not all changes I made in·setting both PINK and·BS2·at 2400 baud are direct honored.

If I had shut down everything yesterday and started them again it would have worked.

Lesson·2:· Do a simple restart of your machinery.

Lesson 1 was that 1-Wire <> I2C wink.gif

The next step is if I can get the DHCP working.

Regards,

Marcel