Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Surface Mount Propeller Proto Board?? — Parallax Forums

Surface Mount Propeller Proto Board??

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2006-07-31 18:21 in Propeller 1
What is the prospect of a surface mounted Propeller prototyping board a la the SX48 proto board?. I see it as almost a clone of the SX48 board

(1) three volt power supply

(2) surface mounted 24LC256

(3) crystal socket

(4) 4 pin USB2SER programming interface

(5) two power busses, one for the onboard three volt and another for an externally supplied, if desired five volt

(6) all the pins accessible, and some ground strips

I would betcha that this board would be popular

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
www.wulfden.org/k107/

Comments

• SawmillerSawmiller Posts: 276
    edited 2006-07-29 17:32
    got that right... would be nice to only solder in what ya need, at a reasonable price.
    quick one off jobs would be soo cool
    dan
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2006-07-29 20:28
    I asked about this a while back and received no response from the parallax people. Possibly, because of the base cost of the propeller compared to the sx, that the pricing would be too high to consider it a viable marketable product.

kelvin
  • Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
    edited 2006-07-29 21:04
    kelvin james said...
    I asked about this a while back and received no response from the parallax people. Possibly, because of the base cost of the propeller compared to the sx, that the pricing would be too high to consider it a viable marketable product.

kelvin

Well, my inclination to your statement would be to say "yes" and "no" ... YES - there's no way they could do it at $9.95 like the sx48 protoboard, and NO - because, and I am sure anyone has worked with a Propeller chip at all would agree, if they offered such a board at $25-30 each, I would buy them in a snap

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
    See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
    www.wulfden.org/k107/