Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Project Consideration(fill me in) — Parallax Forums

Project Consideration(fill me in)

bambinobambino Posts: 789
edited 2006-07-29 01:35 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I would like to build a board for the propeller chip, But a few questions plague me.

I2C used for the program upload from the EEprom. I believe adding a·seial backpack to a NV SRAM chip and using the lower 32k for program memory is doable as long as I use I2C. The rest of the memory(accessed by SPI or CAN) for whatever(Possibly the·65k needed for 640 X 480 vga).

I was curious if any one knew the resistor values for making the vga dac a 3 bit dac instead of two, and would 128k be enough memory for the buffer needed to run that resolution. After 32k program memory I would have 224k left but was hopeing I could save some for other things.

Thanks to Mike and Beau for filling me in on the peripheal protocals, all thats left is the Mic and AMP for audio. I will post these questions later, Though I believe I can wing that.

The goal would be: the prop using 1 I2C, 2SPI, and 1 CAN. Leaving the rest of the I/O to things I'll do when I get a propeller. Hopefully Phils PropCam!

Almost forgot! How crazy is running an external clock from another IC; instead of a crystal.

Post Edited (bambino) : 7/26/2006 6:27:47 PM GMT

Comments

• acantostegaacantostega Posts: 105
    edited 2006-07-29 01:35
    This reminds me, has someone used SPI on the Propeller? I see there's an I2C object, but no SPI yet. Could the BS2 object's shiftin/shiftout commands be used for SPI?

EDIT : Ignore this, I've just noticed there is a whole thread on SPI blush.gif