Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
serial connection to BS2pe — Parallax Forums

serial connection to BS2pe

TimNTimN Posts: 32
edited 2006-07-27 01:17 in BASIC Stamp
i am having problems send out data from LabVIEW to a BS2pe unit via serial connection. I need to send out data from LabVIEW as a numerical string due to length issues, but there are errors not recognizable by LabVIEW and i can not track the source of the problem. Any sugestions?

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-07-26 06:43
    Can you send the same numerical string to the BS2pe via the debug window?

The reason that I ask is that your problem could be in Labview or the BS2pe. Whatever string you send, the BS2pe needs to parse it, so if you can successfully do this via the debug window, you're halfway there.

Also, what are the string length issues? You may need to get creative in PBasic to accommodate this.
  • TimNTimN Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-26 17:29
    if there is any bebug code in the PBasic program, it will not run, since it is a serial connection. there are not string length inssues between LabVIEW and the BS2pe. the interesting thing is that the BS2pe can send string to LabVIEW, but there are errors when teh reverse is tried
  • TimNTimN Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-26 17:30
    sorry, not numerical strings, those do not have length issues. length issues arise when numbers are being used instead of strings
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-07-27 01:17
    What kind of errors are you getting?