Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can it DO that? — Parallax Forums

Can it DO that?

DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Posts: 24
edited 2006-07-26 18:04 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to make my BASIC STAMP II execute a sequence of commands such as Light an LED for 1.3 seconds, turn a servo 180 degrees, and then sound a buzzer. But I can't find out how to do that! The book only tells you how execute commands for SERVOs and nothing else. Does anyone know how to do that?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
DrkCrwlr

Comments

• Will__SWill__S Posts: 19
    edited 2006-07-26 01:59
    What book are you referring to? Most if not all of parallax's books are available for download on their site. I know first hand that each of these is in the book for the boe bot.

It's called "Robotic's with the boe bot" here: www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/edu/Roboticsv2_2.pdf

Though you may want to take a look at
    "What's a microcontroller" here: www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/edu/wamv2_2.pdf

If you still have troubles with the examples in the book, I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to help you.
    Welcome to the forum!

Will
  • aalegadoaalegado Posts: 66
    edited 2006-07-26 05:18
    You won't find that particular task detailed anywhere but the various Parallax manuals will give you all the basics you need to know to write the code and wire the circuit that will accomplish that task.

The Stampworks documentation has example programs and circuits to (separately) do all three steps of that task you described. However, it would be up to you to combine what you learn from each example into a single program and circuit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I wouldn't connect that if I were you...

Vive Le Tour!
    July 1 - July 23
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Posts: 24
    edited 2006-07-26 18:04
    Thankssmile.gif·

I didn't know you could just download those.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DrkCrwlr