Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tlc555 — Parallax Forums

Tlc555

willthiswork89willthiswork89 Posts: 359
edited 2006-07-25 17:33 in BASIC Stamp
okay i used the thing in the post by stephanie Lindsay http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42602

i tried to follow this schematic and im not sure if i followed it right.... i know i didnt i think im messing up where the wires connect at a 180 deree angle that come to a T does that mean it goes on the same breadboard row as if one that isnt at a T? for instance if you look at the schematic you will see Vcc connects to vdd and another wire· from the 470 resistor also does... does that mean it hooks to the same row as pin 8 or goes to Vdd also?

Comments

• willthiswork89willthiswork89 Posts: 359
    edited 2006-07-24 19:41
    okay i drew up what i did on my breadboard and what i think is right but isnt....its pretty sloppy but ihope you can get an idea of what im doing wrong by looking at it.... thanks for your time guys...
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-07-24 19:47
    The row that pin 7 is in should also have one end of the 470-Ohm resistor and one end of a wire. The other end of the resistor should be connected to Vdd and the other end of the wire should be connected to the 10k pot.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store
    edited 2006-07-24 19:50
    alright let me try that.... so when its connected at a T it means it goes to the Vdd also not to the breadboard rown 8
    edited 2006-07-24 19:56
    sweet it works thanks for the help!
    edited 2006-07-25 00:36
    I'm glad it's working.

Keep in mind that a schematic is different than a wiring diagram. A schematic is not going to tell you which thing to connect to which breadboard row. It's just showing you electrical connections. It's up to you to determine how to accomplish those connections on your breadboard. For example, the other end of that 470-Ohm resistor could go to the Vdd bus on your breadboard or it could go to the same row as pin 8 with a jumper wire going from that row to the Vdd bus. The only thing that matters is that there is a direct connection between the resistor's lead and Vdd.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

links:
    My band's website
    edited 2006-07-25 01:13
    alright thanks alot! im just learning to read schematics and i somtimes have difficulty reading them...
    edited 2006-07-25 15:54
    ide like to learn a little more on the 555 timer does anyone know if theres any writing by andy lindsay on the chip?
    edited 2006-07-25 16:19
    I'm not sure if Andy has written anything about the 555. I kinda doubt it, but maybe someone knows something I don't.

In the meantime, there are a few circuits here: ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/homepage.htm

There's a Forrest Mims book: www.amazon.com/gp/product/0945053290

If you do a Google search on "555 tutorial" or "555 circuits" you will come up with enough stuff to keep you busy for a little while. smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

links:
    My band's website
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-07-25 17:33
    Hello
    I have attached a real nice websight about the 555 chip it has many examples of how to use it..
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html