Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
2 Questions — Parallax Forums

2 Questions

Nickdawg940Nickdawg940 Posts: 7
edited 2006-07-26 18:47 in Robotics
First of all this is my first post, but I've been here for a while and I LOVE these forums.
I work alot with robotics, but most of my work is RC.

Ok Question 1: Is there any way to make my servos on my BOE-Bot move FASTER?

Question 2: Are there any effecient ways to make my boe bot follow me wherever I go?

Thanks in advance!

(P.S. Check out the topic under "Completed Projects" named "Nickdawg940's robot" to see my bot)

Comments

• SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-07-24 04:50
    Nickdawg940 said...
    Question 1: Is there any way to make my servos on my BOE-Bot move FASTER?
    I don't think so. They might go a little faster with more voltage but if you give them too much voltage they'll burn up. I have a vague recollection of reading a forum message that said you don't want to exceed 7.5V, but don't take my word for it.
    Nickdawg940 said...
    Question 2: Are there any effecient ways to make my boe bot follow me wherever I go?
    There's a thread about this at http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=592706

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store
  • AImanAIman Posts: 531
    edited 2006-07-26 18:47
    If you have the book 'Whats a Microcontroller' it goes into servo control and Pulse Width Modulation (PW or PWM). You can get your servos to move faster but be prepared to learn the hard way, my servos run to the point the gears strip. I made a servo move a finger on one of my projects that can move faster then human reaction time. The point is that altering the speed and duration of the Pulse you can alter your servo speed.
    Since you mentioned RC - my finger uses a Futaba servo stripped from a gas powered RC Airplane that was an areobatic trainer. That servo hussels. I also have a Tmax that has very solid turning and have never had problems with the steering, so you may want to check out the Tmax steering for ideas. Of course you can always look at Futaba on line.

Question 2 depends on how ambitous you are. One of the guys at my robot club got his robot to follow him based on IR, another did it based on color identification. Explore your options, look at the link SSteve posted, and then come back with questions to help pinpoint where you are headed.