Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using uMMC to connect basic stamp with SD memory cards. — Parallax Forums

Using uMMC to connect basic stamp with SD memory cards.

THECHILLYMANTHECHILLYMAN Posts: 2
edited 2006-07-24 01:12 in BASIC Stamp
I bought the uMMC·http://www.roguerobotics.com/products/electronics/ummc·and I am trying to get it to work with no luck.· This is probably because I am new to SERIN and SEROUT commands and am messing something up.· If anybody has used this and could post sample basic stamp code to read and write files that would be great.·

This device is supposed to allow basic stamps access to SD cards or MMC cards for tons of storage space.

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2006-07-21 19:02
    I'm attaching demo code of my own. I think most of the functions work okay, but it is kind of a kluge.

The Rogue uMMC is not very Stamp friendly. It returns many of its responses too fast for the Stamp to catch them, so it is no wonder that you were having problems with the SERIN and SEROUT. The Stamp takes about a millisecond to get ready to receive data after it has sent a command, but the uMMC responds in a few 10s of microseconds. That said, it is possible to use the uMMC, but you can't count on the error codes or handshakes. The program is "open loop".

If you want an SD card interface that is much more Stamp friendly, look at the product from Hitt Consulting:
    www.sddatalogger.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • Invariant1Invariant1 Posts: 9
    edited 2006-07-24 01:08
    There is another Rogue Robotics product that works well with the Basic Stamp and uses the SERIN and SEROUT commands. Go see www.spiderspreyground.com and get the uMP3 trigger demo program. Maybe something this guy did with the Rogue Robotics uMP3 can be applied to your problem.
  • THECHILLYMANTHECHILLYMAN Posts: 2
    edited 2006-07-24 01:12
    If anybody else is having this problem use the code that Tracy Allen·provided in the post above.· That helped me to understand what was going wrong and I got the code working. Thanks.