Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Broken Stamp? — Parallax Forums

Broken Stamp?

SzarzynskiSzarzynski Posts: 16
edited 2006-07-19 18:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I installed the PWMPAL, and I am pretty sure that I ruined my stamp in the process.· When I pulled out the stamp, I bent some pins.· Now I cant get a signal in or·out of·pins 13, 1,·or 2.· So how do I tell what is broken?· I have a multimeter.· I thought I could turn all pins to high, and then put the red probe on the top of the stamp where the pin is soldered on, and the black one on Vss.· I might be able to solder on a new pin - but I'll probably make a bad situation worse trying that...· Any suggestions?

Also, I've seen some warnings about using the pwmpal and outputs 12-15.· So I thought there might be some sort of programming or hardware issue.· But these pins dont work with simple one line·'high pin' code.

Will parallax repair these or do I have to buy a brand new one?

Thanks

·

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-07-19 18:40
    Szarzynski -

Give Parallax a call at one of the following numbers to arrange for a repair:

Toll Free - 1-888-99-STAMP

Toll Number - 1-916-624-8333

Repairs are generally quite reasonaable so long as the problem is only bent or missing pins.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-07-19 18:53
    As Bruce mentioned, you can call us here at Parallax (1-888-997-8267) and ask for Dave Andreae and I will be glad to help you.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·