Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
irmultibot.bs2 help — Parallax Forums

irmultibot.bs2 help

PeisenPeisen Posts: 1
edited 2006-07-27 22:16 in BASIC Stamp
Hi this is my first week with my boe bot. When i purchased the robot, i also purchased a remote. So when i run the irmultibot program everything works fine, but when i reconnected it to the usb to run a different program in the bs editor it would say something like cannot open com port or something like that. So i disconnect the power from the board, remove the stamp, remove the usb cord, replace the stamp replace the power replace the usb, then quickly run the program. Thats the only·way i could terminate irmultibot.bs2, and run another program. this only happens with irmultibot, all the other programs i try are fine. any idea on whats wrong?

Comments

• $TAMP&ME$TAMP&ME Posts: 18
    edited 2006-07-27 21:49
    if you r using a infrared port computer then maybe it tries to override the serial (or USB) port and tries to download the program by ir , since it recognices a ir comunication from the remote control u could deactivate it and try again (that's if you have an ir port).
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-07-27 22:16
    If you click on the link listed below and open the Windows·PDF file that relates to your OS·and then scroll down to the "Trouble Shooting" section, this should fix the communication issue.·
    ·
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=800-00030

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·