Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
College - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

College

2»

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-07-24 21:29
    PJ, I have a MSEE, I had the choice of going MSEE, MSCE or MACE (all ABET qualified). MSEE is the most recognized degree in the field, so I chose that one, the variation of all three was mostly trivial with totals of required coursework and independent study being slightly different.

BTW, MSEE is Master of Science in·Electrical Engineering which is a full graduate studies degree requiring the completion of two areas of focus (mine were analog and signal processing to contrast the digital background of my Bachelors). The difference between an "Arts" and "Science" degree disappear at the graduate level (at least at the university I attended).

WillThisWork,

I suggest getting whatever degree your mind and finances will allow, as others have mentioned getting a lesser degree now doesn't really help with getting a better degree later (unless you are talking about a bachelors then a graduate degree). If you have a Bachelor's degree in EE, you stand a chance of getting a job geared for an ASEE or ASEET, the reverse is not possible. You are still young, it's best to leave as many avenues open to you as possible.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 7/24/2006 9:42:55 PM GMT