been searh this site with Google
    But Nope could not find what I was looking for

I saw an articulo one o 2 years ago the article was about controling lights

Has anyone have any Ideas where I can look

Thanks

Lee
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-15 19:51
    I believe you want to look at X10 devices. Take a look in the Stamp Manual Index for a good explanation.
    They are supported in Pbasic and BasicStamps, but it looks like Parallax is no longer carrying the devices.

YOU can use the BasicStamp with them or just use them with their own controller. RadioShack has sold them for many decades and the local B&Q in Taiwan is even selling these. Mostly they just control lights.

I would like to have a lot more, like security and smoke alarms and automatic watering. I am working on a different home automation network as there are some glitches with X10 for service like these. I am using CANbus. But that is another story and a bit more complex.

AS I recall, anytime you have a power transformer you cannot transmit or receive beyond it.

Below is a site that has something more powerful than X10, but on 110v lines.

http://www.hth.com/snap/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-07-15 20:15
    Me_Lee said...
    been searh this site with Google
    But Nope could not find what I was looking for
    I Searched www.google.com using "carrier-current transmitter" and came up with this gem -- http://northcountryradio.com/Published/ccxmt_0189/page1.htm

··· It's for audio, but it could be adapted to data (300, 1200, probably 2400 bps.)
  • Me_LeeMe_Lee Posts: 7
    edited 2006-07-17 18:06
    Thanks PJ and Kramer tongue.gif

yess
    maybe it whas the X10

but to complex.

all I would like to do is
    "Stamp-to-Stamp communication"
    "a little Stamp net" ,maybe 3 or 4 Stamps

Thanks

Lee
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-07-17 23:51
    The problem you run into pretty quickly is that the power-line is there to transmit power. 110 volt AC at impressive amperage, in fact. Thus, trying to get a digital signal to 'ride' on that power-line gets "too complex" pretty quickly. Not to mention life-threateningly dangerous if you do it wrong.

X-10 has long been one of the safest ways of going about it, but even then, to get a 'two-way' communication going is difficult. If that's "too complex" for you, then the level of hardware hacking to get a 'a little stamp net' on the power-lines is probably also much too complex.
  • Me_LeeMe_Lee Posts: 7
    edited 2006-07-18 04:08
    allanlane5 said...
    The problem you run into pretty quickly is that the power-line is there to transmit power. 110 volt AC at impressive amperage, in fact. Thus, trying to get a digital signal to 'ride' on that power-line gets "too complex" pretty quickly. Not to mention life-threateningly dangerous if you do it wrong.

X-10 has long been one of the safest ways of going about it, but even then, to get a 'two-way' communication going is difficult. If that's "too complex" for you, then the level of hardware hacking to get a 'a little stamp net' on the power-lines is probably also much too complex.
    My AC power-line transmits power at 220v.

Power is dangerous oh yes!!.freaked.gif·

OEM Value $20 each.(X 4),I get·$45w
    A net(X 4 ('two-way')) $?¿ mmmmmmmmm.confused.gif

The 2 Closest 8 to 12in apart

The Biggest distance 190foot apart, (out in the steal shed)

Wire is the cheepis way,
    However, A BIG! Problem, "Not My House!"nono.gif

I believe Power-line "carrier-current transmitters" is probably the way to goturn.gif
    edited 2006-07-18 17:42
    Yup, that's the solution all right. Unfortunately, I don't know of a supplier of "current-carrier transcievers" (you want to send AND recieve, I assume).
  • Larry~Larry~ Posts: 242
    edited 2006-07-18 17:56
    Will this do what you want········ ·http://www.hth.com/plm-24/plm-24.htm
    edited 2006-07-18 22:13
    Wow, $32 a module. How excellent.