Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax PLC working with 220v outputs — Parallax Forums

Parallax PLC working with 220v outputs

ManuelManuel Posts: 105
edited 2006-07-17 14:23 in General Discussion
Hello!
I want to work with the stamp plc and activate a resistive load (heating device) that uses 220ACV, as sensors I might use·some DS2760 with a more expensive thermocouple than the cable that's inclueded in the DS2760 kit. This is for some machines in my father's corporation. The only problem I have is the 24v to 220v interface which I need to be in a way that the PLC and the stamp in it is safe from any problem.
Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-14 16:15
    Hello,

·· Connecting the 220V stuff is easy via an SSR.· Many have an input range well within the Stamp PLC.· The problem I see is connecting the one-wire device.· All I/O is isolated and you couldn't directly read the thermocouple.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ManuelManuel Posts: 105
    edited 2006-07-15 08:11
    Why won't the optical isolation let me read data directly from the DS2760's? Isn't it still 1s and 0s?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-17 14:23
    Manuel,

·· Here is the problem...Normally any Stamp I/O pin is bi-directional.· In industrial applications most devices are INPUT or OUTPUT.· When you optically isolate the input, it cannot be an output anymore in this configuration.· The 1-Wire protocol regarding this device requires you to send commands to it to retrieve values/information from it.· You have no way to do that currently.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com