Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Demo Board - Video Output Issue — Parallax Forums

Demo Board - Video Output Issue

Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
edited 2006-07-14 15:06 in Propeller 1
I mentioned in a previous post that I could not get the Composite output video on my ATI AIW card. Well, I have resolved that (Faulty video junction box connection!).

Here is the issue:

When I connect the PropStick output to the video in and power up, I see the "demo" screen just fine.

When I connect the Demo board output to the video in, the top and bottom are chopped off. You only see the bottom 1/2 - 2/3 of the incrementing number (top left) and you cannot see the Parallax logo (bottom right).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Comments

• BuddhaBuddha Posts: 25
    edited 2006-07-14 14:02
    The EEPROM on the demo board has a version of the demo that has the top and bottom lopped off to save video memory. If you compile the video demo yourself and load it into the EEPROM or into RAM to run it, you'll see that it looks normal. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2006-07-14 15:06
    Buddha said...
    The EEPROM on the demo board has a version of the demo that has the top and bottom lopped off to save video memory. If you compile the video demo yourself and load it into the EEPROM or into RAM to run it, you'll see that it looks normal. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I see - I'll do that.

Thanks a lot!