Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Free pins on Demo board — Parallax Forums

Free pins on Demo board

MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
edited 2006-07-14 16:39 in Propeller 1
Does anyone know where I can find a list of free pins on the demo board?
RoboGeek

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"

Adam Savage, Mythbusters
www.parallax.com
www.goldmine-elec.com
www.expresspcb.com
www.startrek.com
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-13 16:39
    Look at the demo board schematic. Basically, pins 0 through 7 are brought out to the breadboard area. All other I/O pins are allocated to specific functions. If you're not using them for VGA output, pins 16 through 23 are connected to LEDs on the board and will light them if made high. The keyboard and mouse PS/2 connectors use a total of 4 pins connected through 100 ohm resistors and with a 10K pullup to 5V. These can be used for a variety of purposes if not used for the keyboard and mouse functions, particularly since the PS/2 connectors also provide 5V and Gnd. The other I/O pins are not readily accessible or are connected to other stuff that makes them not generally useful (like the resistor network for TV output).
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2006-07-14 15:47
    Thank you, Mike That is just what I needed.
    RoboGeek

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"

Adam Savage, Mythbusters
    www.parallax.com
    www.goldmine-elec.com
    www.expresspcb.com
    www.startrek.com
    ·
  • LucidGuppyLucidGuppy Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-14 16:07
    I'm sorry - where are the schematics for the demo board?· I don't see them in the schematic page for the propeller.· I did a google search on the demo board schematics on site:www.parallax.com and couldn't find it.

?

Thanks.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-14 16:39
    Chip posted them at some point. I don't know the links, but here are the PDF files.