Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Caller ID on an SX28 — Parallax Forums

Caller ID on an SX28

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2006-07-15 16:53 in General Discussion
I can locate the code, but I cannot locate a good schematic of the SX Modem Demo board.· Only half the puzzle.

Some guys in the·Basic Stamp Forum·are trying to buy some quite expensive Caller ID chips and I am trying to see if this is easier procurement.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 7/13/2006 9:48:44 AM GMT

Comments

• WillWhiteWillWhite Posts: 15
    edited 2006-07-14 13:13
    Yes yes.....I am one of those guys. blush.gif

Of course I've got to let you know that if you get me started in the SX direction I'm going to come on here and bug everyone when I can't figure something out. devil.gif
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-15 16:53
    We just got a new SX/B [noparse][[/noparse]that is Basic like PBasic] and it is better than ever.
    But I am afraid all the modem and telephony work has been done in Assembler [noparse][[/noparse]circa 1999] and Virtual Peripherals.

I did locate a schematic, but it looks to me that one might easily buy a Caller ID modem for about the same cost as building the device. And you would have a 'telephone company approved' interface.

There are basically 5 parts to the construction. The ring indication circuit, the impedance matching ring and tip isolation for incoming data, an OPamp filtering circuit, the SX as decoder/converter, and the RS-232 chip [noparse][[/noparse]a Max232] for output.

Still, someone mentioned this was for their employer. So buying the modem is a conservative business-like approach. You have warrenties, a package in a chassis, and so forth.· Just a quick Google came up with one for less than $20 that takes a card slot on a PC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan