Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Web Forum and Email Output Differ — Parallax Forums

Web Forum and Email Output Differ

Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
edited 2006-07-12 16:49 in General Discussion
Jim -

The ONLY reason why I mention something as insignificant as the follwoing is that it just shouldn't be, and I'd rather see something trivial nipped in the bud if possible, rather than have it get worse somehow. Here is the exact line of my text as it appears in the web forum output (per se):

"Whether right or wrong, let's presume for the moment that all you need to refresh the R/C servo to where you want it to be is:"

[noparse][[/noparse]Ancillary note: I have NO idea how ""<!--StartFragment -->" is getting in there, but it appears in·my NON-EXISTING (deleted) SIG as well)]

Casually note that there is a line break between "to" and "refresh" if you view that line using the compose screen of the web forum editor in new message mode. That is 100% correct and as I typed it. Here is the email output that I received. I have added a "#" where my email client "broke" the line, in case that's of any significance. The "#" does NOT appear in the email output:

"<!--StartFragment -->Whether right or wrong, let's presume for the moment that all you need torefresh# the R/C servo to where you want it to be is:"

The seeming error is "torefresh" rather than "to refresh", BUT if·I dump the line in question into MS-WORD (copy+paste) "torefresh" is what it shows. It is as though the web forum editor ADDED the space and corrected my typo, which I highly doubt. I _don't_ doubt the typo one iota, it's the "correction" I find odd. The reason I don't doubt it at all, is that I've been having some continuing trouble with my SPACE bar on my keyboard, and often it·FAILS to insert appropriate spacing as I type.

I wish I had a reliable WSIWIG hex editor handy but I don't, as I almost suspect an invisible character, due to the seeming variable output based on the ... destination. I expect this to be placed three pages down from the last item on your present "check this out" list :-) as it's wholly unimportant.

Thanks for your all your work in support of this forum!

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
<!--StartFragment -->