Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ir power problem, to many irs in series,, — Parallax Forums

Ir power problem, to many irs in series,,

ClineCline Posts: 36
edited 2006-07-13 12:04 in BASIC Stamp
hey everyone,
this more of a power question, in another post a made mention that i bought 2 flashlights [noparse][[/noparse]led] and gutted them for the aluminum heads and the printed board. i resodered irs in place, now how could·i power them, the flashlights have a power supply which i could switch, but what about freqout commands, how can i do that if im not connected to the irs just the power????

so all together i have ten irs on two circuits,· any help?????

thanks guysgirls

Charles Cline
·

Comments

• DigitalManDigitalMan Posts: 42
    edited 2006-07-11 23:54
    I know little about what the FREQOUT command does, but for general on-off-on-off switching of larger amounts of power, at frequencies up to a MHz or two, a good transistor or MOSFET will work well. (I'm not sure, but I think that's what they're designed for)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I think I shall assemble a circuit to run various·calculations, and control peripherals accordingly. I will give it some user input device, and perhaps a display screen to show data. But what would I call this device...
  • ClineCline Posts: 36
    edited 2006-07-12 12:21
    im thinking that i need the freqout command because thats how it matches the receptor, im not sure but read it somewhere
    i can use the batteries, i dont know, NEED HELP<<
  • DigitalManDigitalMan Posts: 42
    edited 2006-07-13 05:29
    Chances are you'll need to use a separate power supply for the Stamp. Then, you connect the appropriate pin to the Base pin of a decent NPN·transistor (capable of handling the full current of all the LED's). The Collector pin goes to the batteries, and Emitter goes to the LED's. FREQOUT on that pin should turn the LED's on and off appropriately, as long as it's a square wave (which I believe it is).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I think I shall assemble a circuit to run various·calculations, and control peripherals accordingly. I will give it some user input device, and perhaps a display screen to show data. But what would I call this device...
  • ClineCline Posts: 36
    edited 2006-07-13 12:04
    well i had limited success,
    i am using a qsd124 silicon infrared phototransistor, 880nm, i managed to wire the emitter by itself, collectot 5vdd and emittor to in0 they show a high an low(in testing ir from book) but the range is less than a couple of inches, using nightvision the flashlight is SUPER BRIGHT, but i gained no distance, i send a freqout to the collector, i dont know, something is wrong,,