Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Haven't had such a good time in ages! — Parallax Forums

Haven't had such a good time in ages!

RoiRoi Posts: 7
edited 2006-07-14 07:54 in Propeller 1
Whoa! Been totally glued to the computer these last few days.

This is just like the old C64, or even Vic20 days! hop.gif Very·challenging and fun to code, when every byte and bit count.

I·was working on a racing game, however, as soon as the intro was done, so was the RAM. eyes.gif

So instead, I decided to code a·welcome/startup screen for my very own little game system, "Exception", which I'm planning to do more work on, when the Hydra is·released.

I think that the Propeller IDE is excellent, and so is the SPIN language - has all the best parts from the other languages. Only minus would be the lack of RAM.

Congratz·to the Parallax team for this great product!

Check·out the intro if you like, and feel free to comment me on the code.

Thanks

Roi
256 x 192 - 27K

Comments

• Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2006-07-11 17:58
    Yeah the RAM is a bit of a killer at times.
    I've been working on way of compressing data and keeping things to a minimal.

I my self can't wait for the Hydra!
  • LucidGuppyLucidGuppy Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-14 01:28
    If this microchip doesn't spur on a renaissance of hobby electronics I don't know what will.
    Parallax rules the world.
  • BuddhaBuddha Posts: 25
    edited 2006-07-14 04:34
    LucidGuppy said...
    If this microchip doesn't spur on a renaissance of hobby electronics I don't know what will.

Indeed. Playing with this chip makes me feel like a kid with my Commodore 64. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

This is genuine innovation and it's clear that a lot of people appreciate that. The Propeller scene is going to be a lot of fun.

Edit: You've got a cool intro there, Roi. I'm excited to see what games you come up with!
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-14 07:54
    Video is a wonderful thing to have with microcomputers.
    But, the software/hardware combo really puts it over the top.

Did you print out the new [noparse][[/noparse]and complete] documentation yet? I just did so on Wednesday and V1.0 is some good reading.

I am still waiting though. I sent it out to make 3 copies and to have it bound in book form, but a nasty typhoon has shut everthing down today. The texts should be ready tomorrow, then I can actually share a few of my Propellers locally with instructions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan