Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
bs1USB and the limitation of serial input/output: is Jon Williams around? — Parallax Forums

bs1USB and the limitation of serial input/output: is Jon Williams around?

twodotonetwodotone Posts: 1
edited 2006-07-11 02:03 in BASIC Stamp
hi, guys (hopefully Jon Williams himself).
thisi is my first post on this forum, and I have to specify I'm an electronics newbie.

I'm enthusiast about having a device such as the bs1usb, as it has enough pins for basic projects, and it's programmable via USB.
on one side I'm comfortable with it, as it's going to be the core of a new project I'm starting.
on the other side, there's not enough clarity on how to use the usb as a serial input for other softwares.

I found this post on the forums where Jon provides a VB project for use with the DEBUG function to parse the DEBUG output outside of the parallax debug window.
now I fint it very sweet to provide the application, but I think that this "new" device deserves some more tutorials in order to really be used.
Do we have to limit ourselves to use the USB just to program the chip?
is this really it?

please, if someone is around, provide some explanation about how those 97 bytes of debug message (65 of which representing a header) can be used.

this can become a killer/cheap device for automation.

hope I'll see some replies on this

regards. ubi

ps: I'm so glad I'm in this forum as I'm loving parallax's devices

Comments

• TomWTomW Posts: 4
    edited 2006-07-11 02:03
    Check out Jon Williams' March 2006 Stamp Application column in Nuts & Volts:· "Wading the BS1 debug stream.·"

The code is available·on the nultsvolts.com website.···I couldn't find the article online yet...

- Tom·