Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial LCD Rev C codes — Parallax Forums

Serial LCD Rev C codes

Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
edited 2006-07-09 06:29 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I received an order yesterday with Serial LCDs from Parallax, but they were Rev C and apparently not compatible with RevE's out now.

Does anyone have code examples/LCD format codes for clear the text and moving to the 2nd line?

thanks,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Martin Hebel
Southern Illinois University Carbondale - Electronic Systems Technologies

Personal Links with plenty of BASIC Stamp info
StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-09 01:50
    Martin,

·· There's no reason there should be any difference in compatibility between the LCD Displays.· The codes should work just fine.· In fact, with the exception of the lines, even the 4X20 should work with the same codes.

As a note, a standard $0C or Form Feed clears the Display, but you must PAUSE 5 after that command.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2006-07-09 04:32
    Thanks Chris, I'll give it shot, but when I replaced the RevE LCD that messed up with the revC, the same code produced different results.

-Martin
    edited 2006-07-09 04:33
    Martin,

·· Did you have the jumpers set the same?· They really are code-compatible.· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2006-07-09 04:56
    Maybe I just got lucky when I was using the RevE board. Who knows. I'll play around around with it tomorrow. And now that I've cut 2 pins (2nd set of RX and +5) off the RevC board to go in the place of the E board, they are now pin compatible also [noparse]:)[/noparse] Hope that's not the problems, lol.

HIGH 10
    PAUSE 100
    SEROUT 10, 32,[noparse][[/noparse]$0C]
    PAUSE 10
    SEROUT 10, 32,[noparse][[/noparse]"Ready to measure",CR,"Shutter speed"]

According to the docs, a CR should move to line with the code above. Mine doesn't, the 1st line get overwritten partially.
    -Martin
    edited 2006-07-09 06:29
    Martin,

·· Are you saying the same code works differently on the Rev E board?· If so, maybe something has happened to that LCD.· If that is the case, contact me directly Monday at the office between 7A and 1P Pacific Time.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com