Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller as PS2 keyboard adapter — Parallax Forums

Propeller as PS2 keyboard adapter

PVJohnPVJohn Posts: 60
edited 2006-07-10 03:38 in Propeller 1
Hi,
I would like to use Propeller instead of PAK6 keyboard adapter and connect it to BS2.
Is this doable and where I can find some examples.
Thanks for your help.

PVJohn

·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-08 00:50
    It's doable. There are examples of the use of the keyboard in the TV Terminal demo. There is also a FullDuplexSerial object and some examples of debugging using that or a simpler serial object. I don't believe there are any examples of the sort of thing you want to do. Start with the TV Terminal demo and modify it to send out the data from the keyboard to both the text display and the serial output and to take any serial input and put it on the display. See if that does it for you.
  • hammerhead74000hammerhead74000 Posts: 58
    edited 2006-07-08 02:39
    Mmm... well, OK, but --- can I ask the "dumb" question? Why, when you've got 8 processors just sitting there in the prop chip? Why not just run the entire application on the prop? I realize that it may involve porting your code if you have already written it, but it probably wouldn't be too much work (after all, a Pbasic program can be only so big)??? There is a function library that replicates most of the BS2 commands, to make this easier...
  • PVJohnPVJohn Posts: 60
    edited 2006-07-10 03:38
    Thank you guys for your replay. I was thinking to replace BS2 with propeller, but I have PCB for BS2 and MAX233 already made. I expect to receive my propeller demo board very soon, and I’ll see if I can convert BS2 code to spin.