Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Special characters — Parallax Forums

Special characters

RoiRoi Posts: 7
edited 2006-07-07 19:04 in Propeller 1
Hello all

Recieved my Propeller Demo Board just the other day. Must say, allthough VAT&customs fee was more than the product itself, I'm very much satisfied!

Been trying out the different demos, all programs working fine so far.

I've been fiddling with the Graphics_demo.spin. I want to produce text scentences in my own language, which would include letters like "

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-07-07 18:45
    The Graphics.spin which is relied upon by the Graphics_demo.spin does not use the Parallax Font, it instead uses a vector definition table for each of the charactors. This table does not include all the charactors in the Parallax Font. This leaves you with one of two options, define the charactors you need into the table using the vector nomenclature, or use the TV_Character driver released by Chip in this thread: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=587524

The first option gives you the power to use all of the drawing tools availible in graphics.spin, but you'll need to decipher the vector format.

The second option provides you with all the built in charactors in the Parallax Font, but it is for text display only, no graphics are possible because of the way the driver works.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Life is one giant teacup ride.
  • RoiRoi Posts: 7
    edited 2006-07-07 19:04
    Great, thanks Paul.