Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
To the Parallax team — Parallax Forums

To the Parallax team

El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
edited 2006-07-06 19:14 in BASIC Stamp
Could the Parallax font (spin IDE) could be adapted to the Pbasic?
It will be very nice to be able to draw schematics and timing diagrams within Pbasic.

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-05 15:22
    Good idea.
    I suppose it might require release of a new version.

In the meantime, maybe you can use Wordpad and save the files generically to cut and paste.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-07-05 17:03
    Cut n' paste does not work.
    You have to change the font file in the IDE.
  • Charlie JohnsonCharlie Johnson Posts: 147
    edited 2006-07-05 17:25
    El Paisa,

Cut n' paste does indeed work in the context provided by Kramer. Please reread his post and note the Reference to WordPad.

Charlie
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-07-06 02:48
    I meant within the confines of the Pbasic IDE.

If I use Wordpad still have to run Pbasic IDE, whats is the point?

I would like to be able to program, draw schematics, timing diagrams and RUN·within the Pbasic IDE.

Seems to me is not to difficult for the Parallax people to change the font lib from the present to the new Parallax font lib.
    Just the font and nothing else.
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2006-07-06 19:14
    Maybe in the tokenised version, that version of the IDE that you can integrate into your own software, there might be a way to change the fonts filename to parallax instead of system, you'd probably need to include a copy of the parallax font in the installer pkg of the IDE, un-install the old PBASIC IDE, & install your new "custom" IDE containing the parallax font mod. As this is the only thing I can think of doing not being able to locate some kind of config file like most programs.

And in addition to the font mod, maybe there is a way to give the tried and true IDE of PBASIC a bit of a face lift to something similar to the beautifull spin IDE, it's just gorgeous, readability,form and functionallity! Awesome job guys!

Andy, Bruce, any help here would be nice [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    hop.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Definetly a E3 (Electronics Engineer Extrodinare!)
    "I laugh in the face of imposible,... not because i know it all, ... but because I don't know well enough!"

Post Edited (RinksCustoms) : 7/6/2006 7:19:51 PM GMT