Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Editor Error Message — Parallax Forums

Stamp Editor Error Message

manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
edited 2006-07-03 20:53 in BASIC Stamp
When I start the Basic Stamp Editor program (latest version) I get an error message stating that 'there is no disc in the disc drive'. There is no indication which drive or which disc. As this is a brand new install of the program, why would it expect there to be a disc in any drive?
·
Why is this happening and what can I do to stop it? At present, pressing CANCEL twice finally gets rid of the message. It's most annoying!

jumpin.gif
John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
Isle of Man, British Isles

Comments

• CLG/BLTCLG/BLT Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-02 19:35
    Do you already have the disc? Maybe it is in a computer game format. When I play a computer game on my computer, I have to put the disc in before playing.
  • CLG/BLTCLG/BLT Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-02 19:36
    I meant "Do you have the disc in?"
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-03 06:15
    John,

·· Have you restarted the computer since the install?· Also, do you have a flash card reader such as those used for reading camera cards?· These can sometimes cause this as it appears as a drive with no media.· If you just installed it though do a restart and see if that helps.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2006-07-03 20:13
    Chris,

It is a new PC, which has a·built-in·multi-card reader (on an internal·usb I think) labelled as 'removable drives' G: to K:. This error came up as soon as the editor was installed, on first use. Rebooting does not remove it. Your explanation sounds right but:

1. Why is the editor looking at these drives and why does it expect something to be in them when they have not been accessed by the program before?

2. Is there another way to stop this message, other than pressing cancel or continue to go past it?

Am I the only person to experience this problem, as I haven't seen it discussed before?

Thanks for your help.

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
    Isle of Man, British Isles
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-03 20:53
    John,

·· With the flash card readers there is no way around this currently.· I keep a card in mine at all times and have no issues.· In your case I doubt that will be possible.· For now you'll just have to cancel past it until we're able to figure out why this is happening.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com