Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
to hire: help with REMOTE CONTROL and MacBS2 — Parallax Forums

to hire: help with REMOTE CONTROL and MacBS2

tascencaotascencao Posts: 11
edited 2006-06-27 20:12 in BASIC Stamp
Hi there,

I'm a visual artist in Toronto who's creating an interactive video installation. I already started, but need to hire someone to help me finish some MacBS2 software writing.

I have someone already working on the Max/MSP software (www.cycling74.com) and just need to find someone who knows how to get a remote control to send signals to it.

So far I've been using a universal remote control set to SonyTV, a USB Board of Education (www.parallax.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=28803&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch) and MacBS2.

I need to;
1) expand my current piece of MacBS2 software to go beyond using the remote control's buttons 1-4 (need to use buttons 1-9 and arrow buttons)
2) make my current piece of MacBS2 software go through the USB to control my Max/MSP program on my Mac laptop

I can send more information if you email me at tascencao@aol.com.

Thank you,
Teresa Ascencao
www.tascencao.com

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-06-27 19:27
    Each button on the remote will send a particular 'key code'. Apparently, you can read the 'key-codes' for buttons 1..4.

Now all you need to do is find out what the remote sends for the other key-codes. Modify your existing program to
    write the keycode the IR reader finds to the DEBUG terminal. Then press the keys you want on your remote, and
    record the values sent. Then modify your existing program to properly interpret those codes.

Now, the "BS2" can only "go through the USB on the Mac" if the Mac is running a program to read the USB-Serial port.
  • tascencaotascencao Posts: 11
    edited 2006-06-27 20:12
    Thanks for responding so quickly Allan,

I understand all this, except its taking me too long to do it, so I'd like to hire someone as I have to finish by August. Do you, or anyone else, know anyone who would be interested?

Teresa,
    Toronto