Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
text to speech module — Parallax Forums

text to speech module

RobbanRobban Posts: 124
edited 2006-07-18 14:52 in BASIC Stamp
Has anyone tried to connect the text to speech module to a SRF04 ?

·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-26 19:42
    Hello,

·· The text to speech module uses a TTL level serial input to decode text into the speech.· The SRF04 takes a trigger pulse and returns a pulse corresponding to the distance of an object.· The two items wouldn't work together.· You would need a microcontroller such as the BASIC Stamp to read one (SRF04) and output the data to the other (Emic TTS).·· I hope this helps you out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2
    edited 2006-07-17 15:47
    Any ideas on how to build a counting stamp on lets say 500 pulses/min and have them speeched every hour?
    Ie this is a project to transfer electricity consumtion...
    Just forgot to mention I have a Siemens PLC for the timing and clock superwiseing!blush.gif

Post Edited (Gunnar) : 7/17/2006 5:09:17 PM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-07-17 17:12
    It could sure be done, but I don't know anything about your PLC to offer any advice on that aspect of things.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Robert25Robert25 Posts: 53
    edited 2006-07-18 14:52
    Hi

I have been experimenting with the EMIC system and forum readers know (the male and female voice questions). I used the PING module to determine a distance that the EMIC system then speaks or, in another version, have to robot state... "you're took close.... back away or I will call my master"