Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need ideas — Parallax Forums

need ideas

RYAN'S dISTRICTRYAN'S dISTRICT Posts: 12
edited 2006-07-17 15:00 in BASIC Stamp
hello
i've recently bit a the stamp bug and now am planing to build an other robot from scratch\
i got the Board of Education - Full Kit
please give me idea like what stuff i can do with it
what robots or stuff can i do with it
please help me

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-06-26 14:01
    There's lots of information already available on the Parallax website. You can download whole books on Robotics, Process Control, collections of "Nuts and Volts" columns, and other stuff ... full of ideas on what you can do with a Board of Education. Read and try the experiments and examples. You will get lots of cool ideas for things to do and how to do it.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2006-06-26 14:44
    In addition to what Mike suggested, be patient. Most ideas come when you least expect it. Relax; spend some time gathering
    information on general topics before you try to focus on one specific goal. Sometimes too much focus on a specific problem can
    stifle the solution. There may be another way to solve the same or similar problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • RYAN'S dISTRICTRYAN'S dISTRICT Posts: 12
    edited 2006-06-28 17:55
    well guys am new to robotics all what i have already done is stamp bug2
    i got ideas in my mind about doing them but am not sure if from the suff i have i can do them

Please can u give me a simple or fast thing i can do by it [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Plz help me [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-06-28 18:54
    http://www.robotstore.com/download/protobot.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2006-06-28 19:22
    oh other plz [noparse]:)[/noparse] thats a bit hard i dont have all stuff
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-06-28 19:59
    You're going to have to invest some time and energy into thinking about what you have and what you would like to learn / try / experiment with and then communicating that to this forum.· Several of us have already made suggestions.· Maybe you'd get some ideas by looking further into them.· We have no idea of what you already own, what you already know, so we have no way to make specific suggestions.· This forum works best when you have some idea of what you want and have already invested some effort into learning with what materials are already available for free.· Browse through the forum archives.· Many people have had the same thoughts or problems or questions that you might have and many answers are already there.
    ·
    edited 2006-06-28 20:04
    well personaly i have ideas but am not sure weather i can or they can be done by what i have

anyways ive already had/checked these stuff before there r nice stuff but i need something simple and fast to be done by the stuff i have if fast and simple ideas not available hard complex ones will be fine too [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Post Edited (RYAN'S dISTRICT) : 6/28/2006 8:09:16 PM GMT
  • HarborHarbor Posts: 73
    edited 2006-06-28 21:10
    Ryan, you need to do some work on your own. I suggest "Robotics with the Boebot". You can buy it or download a free copy at http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28125.

Lots of experiments described, starting with simple maneuvers like turning in circles and building up to object avoidance and other navigation tasks.
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2006-06-29 01:06
    Look for something round the house you want animated, I think the B.O.E. full kit comes with a servo and a mic, you could make a sound activated light switch or something. Or just check out the Stamps in class forum, it's full of lessons to inspire you

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Definetly a E3 (Electronics Engineer Extrodinare!)
    "I laugh in the face of imposible,... not because i know it all, ... but because I don't know well enough!"
  • CLG/BLTCLG/BLT Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-02 23:18
    idea.gif·! You could build a robot that could help your neighborhood or community! You could...eyes.gif ! You could build...Ummmmroll.gif ? rolleyes.gif , RYAN"S dISTRICT, tell me what you got in your kit.

shocked.gif·Oh! I almost forgot! I am new here and I am a beginner in electronics. I think I will make a topic in Basic Stamp related topics for new members to go to, later.
    Am I being annoying?
    edited 2006-07-03 07:18
    i have a kit like this http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28102 but i dont have the electricity supply adapter
    anyways i also have the remainings parts that were not used in stamp bug

Plz giving me a push to start something will be great

thx
  • CLG/BLTCLG/BLT Posts: 32
    edited 2006-07-16 19:43
    You could build a robot to control your speed if you have a bike and make your bike into an electric motorcycle.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-07-17 15:00
    RYAN'S dISTRICT, what is it you have done so far and what is your experience level? It seems there have been some good ideas given already.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen