Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
another propeller that won't spin — Parallax Forums

another propeller that won't spin

MuncherMuncher Posts: 38
edited 2006-06-25 19:57 in Propeller 1
My propeller's on light goes on, and about 2.5-3 seconds later, pins 16-23's light go on (demo board), and it stays like this until I turn it off? Anyone? Help?!

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2006-06-24 00:37
    It sounds like a new Demo Board that wakes up and runs the demo program. Is this·a Demo Board that you have? If this is the case, there may be no problem, it's just waiting to be programmed to do something different.
    Muncher said...
    My propeller's on light goes on, and about 2.5-3 seconds later, pins 16-23's light go on (demo board), and it stays like this until I turn it off? Anyone? Help?!
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Chip Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • MuncherMuncher Posts: 38
    edited 2006-06-24 00:45
    That's what it seemed like at first, but when I tried to download a program, no difference. Am I downloading the program wrong?
  • JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2006-06-24 00:53
    Could you upload the program that is causing the problem?

J Cooke
    edited 2006-06-24 01:38
    the Spin example #03 post by Dave Scanlan. It compiles fine, but runtime brings problems.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,545
    edited 2006-06-24 07:05
    Muncher,

What kind of "problems"? When you hit F10 or F11 to program, does it report any kind of an error?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-06-25 13:57
    Beau, no, errors, but no activity.
    Could I be downloading the program wrong? Which do you turn on first, the propeller (demo) board, or the comunication from the computer?

When I download the program, the communication thing comes up on the computer, but nothing else happens.

Post Edited (Muncher) : 6/25/2006 2:04:11 PM GMT
  • henkvbeekhenkvbeek Posts: 11
    edited 2006-06-25 19:16
    Hey Muncher,

The first seconds after power up the demo board loads the demo-program from the EEPROM.
    The it starts. You can view this on a TV, connected to the yellow tulip connector, or on a connected VGA monitor, connected on the 15-p connector. Also you can her it on a headphone,
    connected on the black headphone jack (scratch with your finger over the microphone.

When you have running the IDE and the board connected by USB you can verify proper connection by tapping Run/Identify Hardware... F7.

If your connection is veriefied and your program compiled, you may upload it into the demo-board by tapping Run/Compile Current/Load RAM + Run F10

Succes

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Henk\Mijn documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Henk.jpg[/img]

What God wants, God gets . . .
    edited 2006-06-25 19:38
    I can't even get it to verify the connection, and whenever I plug the USB cable in, it asks if a driver came with it.
  • CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-06-25 19:47
    theres the problem right there, you need to install the ftdi drivers for the usb connection

http://www.parallax.com/dl/sw/R9052151.zip

got the url from the ftdi chips page

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
    edited 2006-06-25 19:57
    Thanks, CJ