Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NOOO!! shortcut servo controller and basic stamp 2! — Parallax Forums

NOOO!! shortcut servo controller and basic stamp 2!

Leticia ProjectLeticia Project Posts: 30
edited 2006-06-23 14:40 in BASIC Stamp
I totaly messed up today! shocked.gif

I`m using 2 servos to control a boat, by a servo controller and a BS2

When I was soldering the second servo, somehow a lose cable touched a voltage regulator and the connection green flashing·LED on the servo controller·died. The connection between the BS2 and servo controller somehow·disapperad.

I used a multimeter and discovered that the servo controller no longer got 5volt from the BS2, only 1.7 volt. I have probably shortcut the BS2 so that it´s broken. The servo controller seems to work·if I use·external 5volt.

Also, when I tried to turn a servo through pushing a button, to the BS2, the red LED lights on the servo controller up alot but nothing at the servos happens.

Any ides!?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-23 13:55
    Was the PSC connected to the BASIC Stamp for power and signal or did you have a BOE or other board supplying power to the PSC?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-06-23 14:25
    It's possible all you did was 'burn through' the BS2 I/O Pin. Thus that pin isn't going to work anymore. How hard would it be to 'lift' that pin (bend it so it sticks straight out) and use the I/O pin next to it as the I/O for the Servo's?

If not, you may need to replace the BS2.

Wait -- what the hell are you doing soldering on a servo with the power on the BOE anyway?· This stuff should be done with the power off.
  • Leticia ProjectLeticia Project Posts: 30
    edited 2006-06-23 14:32
    The Servo controller was connected directly to the BS2, with signal, power and ground.
    The power supply from the BS2 seems to be gone, what was 5 volts is now only 1,7 volts, so I don`t think there is a I/O problem at first. But I could try to move the pin!

I also used another power source to the servos.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-23 14:40
    You could also try measuring the BS2 voltage without the PSC connected.· If that's where the problem is it may be affecting the BASIC Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com