Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New ideas.. — Parallax Forums

New ideas..

willthiswork89willthiswork89 Posts: 359
edited 2006-06-22 16:26 in BASIC Stamp
since im finished with the book "whats a microcontroller" and now im tryiing to think of some ideas of some things to make with the parts i have.. if anyone has some ideas without going into detail so i have somthing to work at it would be great! thanks also i have alot of experience in c++ so coding standards you shouldnt worry about.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-06-21 05:05
    Take a look in the downloads section for the other books available. They're full of ideas.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • willthiswork89willthiswork89 Posts: 359
    edited 2006-06-21 23:16
    thanks for the help! still if anyone has something they made and wish to share with me a breif overview with the parts i have. that would be great! thanks for your time
  • Eric REric R Posts: 225
    edited 2006-06-22 00:33
    I can't think of much else you can build. I think my first project after WAM was sequencing 16 LEDs. That would be cheap and a variety pack of LEDs at Radio Shack would be the way to go. Dont forget 16 resistors (220 ohm).

Try building the Knight Rider light bar or try and sequence·the LEDs like christmas chase lights. Make a LED firework for the 4th.
    edited 2006-06-22 00:37
    thanks eric thats what i was looking for! so far ive made a volume controller for the peizo using the potentiometer and i used the photometer to ujust volume too. but anyways ill maybe try making a led bar and using the potentiometer to adjust it pretty simple until i get the money for boe bot.
  • Special_KSpecial_K Posts: 162
    edited 2006-06-22 03:32
    using potentiometer as speed control for the knight rider LEDs cool.
    I think I saw something on using an LED as a input device I think it was a non touch input device (sounded cool).
    If you want I will do some looking to see if I can find the link or book or PDF.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-06-22 03:36
    If you look in the StampWorks manual, there is a theremin project that you can build with the WAM parts kit. Just use the piezo speaker instead of the ProDevBoard audio amp/speaker.

You'll have to play around with some of the timing numbers, but you can get it to make some pretty cool "robot" beeps and boops fairly easily.

Also, there is no reason that you can't build a robot other than the Boe-Bot with what you have. You'll just have to be creative, and maybe buy a few parts.
    edited 2006-06-22 03:46
    hi, thanks for al lthe replies! i actually was thinking about possibly going to radio shack tomarrow and buying some things to make a remote control and turn on leds from the remote control, i know i need a receiver and obviously an infrared LED. but if anyone could tell me the model numbers at radio shack for thes things it would be great.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-06-22 16:26
    You could try something like this instead of the boebot if you want to build something.
    http://www.robotstore.com/download/protobot.pdf
    I've got one started at home.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen