Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Touchscreen menu sys for BS2 — Parallax Forums

Touchscreen menu sys for BS2

RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
edited 2006-06-21 00:51 in BASIC Stamp
·**This post has been eddited-

··idea.gif I had this idea to take a 4"touch pannel, mouser.com #817-N010-0554-T701, design a menu system small in memory, but big on feature and elegance. The menu system i'm designing is pyrimidal w/four submenu's per screen and will eventually be four levels deep and will work something like multiple choice. Some low level menu screens will allow for fine adjustment of variables via a moving bar with plus and minus in different "quadrants".
·
· The hierarcy of the system is aranged so that when the screen is touched, the status window is cleared and the main menu is brought up. Taking a cue from a stamps in class lesson on recalling data from memory, I have been succesful in displaying the menu background but when it's supposed to just display the titlebar and button text, all you see is a quick blip of the titlebar and the screen goes blank and the program ends. I know I'm doing something wrong here, and after a week of ripping hair out, i'm bald and still haven't found what I'm doing wrong.
· nono.gif Anyone willing to lend a smack up side the head to point out my fault in this menu system are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

4:45pm· 6/21/2006 EST·· yeah.gif

· IT LIIIVES!!!!· Just an apiffany and were off!! It just occured to me just how memory works, data is stored, and how you can recall it easily without alot of code! here's a quick (& dirty) clip of code that will display a titlebar, a background (a grungy cross using text, dividing the screen into 4 sections), and the menus (menu-submenu sensitive text in each of the four corners and titlebar). I will post a cleaner more functional .bs2 code and full description on how the menu system works after I refine, shrink, & finish the code.

Oh and don't ask why I'm doing this, maybe for the challenge i guess.
·

Post Edited (RinksCustoms) : 6/21/2006 9:15:00 PM GMT

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-06-21 00:51
    If you go through the Projects forum, you might find a post (I believe it's in that forum) from someone that used a resistive matrix touch screen overlay.
    It lays over top of your screen, and when someone touched a particular spot, the data was sent out serially...this is great for a stamp product.

I think the fellow actually had it fail...and I haven't seen a repost about what happened in the end.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."