edited 2006-06-20 08:16
    Great! We all love spam.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Chip Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-20 08:38
    Maybe a new competition?

Build an autonomous robot that can enter their office and drill holes in all their computers...

BTW: I expect the mods to kill this topic, and their username soon. And possibly to start banning IPs...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • DigitalManDigitalMan Posts: 42
    edited 2006-06-20 09:48
    Wow, so they're trying to implement a search engine onto both a BASIC Stamp and a Propeller chip? Wow, next they'll be on the SX board. These guys are really ambitious.

EDIT: Since this topic is pointless and soon to be dead anyways, I may as well ask. Hypothetically, which Parallax chip would be the best suited for creating a search engine on? Ignoring the fact that such a thing would be useless and stupid; just based on ease of coding and capabilities.

Blame the spammer, he gave me the idea...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ;Long live the SX18AC/DP!

Post Edited (DigitalMan) : 6/20/2006 9:58:23 AM GMT
  • Cliff L. BiffleCliff L. Biffle Posts: 206
    edited 2006-06-20 14:44
    Figures the spammer would start an interesting thread. smile.gif

Really, you'd want something with a good bit of fast RAM, ideally content-addressable.

Which Parallax chip would be best? Do they sell the Altera FPGAs? smile.gif

(Disclaimer: this isn't particularly nonobvious or proprietary information. I'm being funny.)
  • hammerhead74000hammerhead74000 Posts: 58
    edited 2006-06-20 21:30
    Prop chip, with a big ram chip (or an array of same) hanging off of it for the index, and an IDE HDD for the main content store. Use a hashing algorithm for the data storage & lookup, with a large primary table size. Base the table sizes (and other hashing factors) off of an analysis of the english dictionary, and a word-frequency analysis of the desired content.

See what happens when you SPAM? It leads to CRAZY ideas! roll.gifjumpin.gifroll.gif
  • tperkinstperkins Posts: 98
    edited 2006-06-21 02:25
    "See what happens when you SPAM? It leads to CRAZY ideas!"

I'll say!

I just made haggis!!!

Yours, Tom Perkins
  • Vampyr NoireVampyr Noire Posts: 13
    edited 2006-06-21 05:37
    marketraise said...
    Visit us at www.marketraise.com

Someone should pay them a visit.......maybe even 10 billion visits simultaneously if you catch my drift...I hear there are a lot of zombie nets out there getting bored from nothing to do wink.gif

<disclaimer>The above comment is by no means suggesting or implying in any way shape or form that I condone the orchestration of above mentioned illegal activity</disclaimer> nono.gif

They might deserve it however devil.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    vampyrnorie.jpg
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-21 06:44
    Just did a bit of exploring...

Their server is located in Germany...
    Maybe if we all sent an email to abuse at schlund . com

See more at http://www.nwtools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=www.marketraise.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • DeveloperZeroDeveloperZero Posts: 15
    edited 2006-06-21 09:35
    Gadgetman said...
    Just did a bit of exploring...

Their server is located in Germany...
    Maybe if we all sent an email to abuse at schlund . com

See more at http://www.nwtools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=www.marketraise.com

According to the whois information from the same site, it shows up as being registered by a man named Chronis Tsemplis (which sounds fake), for a company called "ChroCom.com" in Garden City, NY. There is a phone number if anyone is interested in calling (I'm not listing it because I don't want to get in trouble, but if you just follow the above link and select "XWhois" then click Submit, you will get the same information.

ChroCom and Marketraise both appear to be advertising companies, by the looks of their websites. Any way, their post is in clear violation of the rules of this board (and just plain rude, to boot).nono.gif
    Just mein zwei pfennigs tongue.gif
  • Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-06-21 13:17
    For the co's that use 3rd party black lists, soon their sites won't be accessable via http or smpt.
    Power is useless unless you use it...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket

KK
    ·
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-06-21 14:53
    Where's Chris, on vacation? After Jon left he's the only "axe" left (a forum moderator who deletes/moves posts).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Life is one giant teacup ride.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-22 17:09
    This thread is being moved from the·Propeller Forum to the·Sandbox Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com