Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Process Control Parts and Text - Now Available — Parallax Forums

Process Control Parts and Text - Now Available

Lauren DavisLauren Davis Posts: 313
edited 2006-06-20 05:23 in Learn with BlocklyProp
·
Process Control Parts and Text - Now Available

The Process Control Parts and Text provides an introduction to industrial process control concepts, with hands-on experiments featuring the BASIC Stamp 2 and StampPlot Pro. The components required for the Stamps in Class Process Control tutorial are included in this kit. Price: $45.00·····················

··································· attachment.php?attachmentid=42138

For more information, or to order Process Control Parts and Text click on the image above or visit: http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28176.

·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·
Lauren Bares
Marketing Manager
Parallax Inc.
916-624-8333
lbares@parallax.com
·

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-06-20 02:44
    Revised and improved? I'd say it's more like a major rewrite.

Maybe Aristides or Stephanie can tell us what is different in this version, because I know we all worked on it for a couple of years.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2006-06-20 05:23
    I'll take a stab at it....

While many of the experiments follow "Industrial Control", its replacement "Process Control" is nearly a total rewrite. This approach of this text was to show not only ability to perform monitoring and control with the BASIC Stamp, but to delve deeper into the electronics and principles. From PWM to Op-Amps, transistor theory, etc, we have tried to provide a good background in the electronics of control in conjunction with the programming.

StampPlot Pro is used with the free educational/home license for displaying a greater variety of information and for interactive control so the user can adjust PID while in operation for example, with discussions to support interactive control.

A couple other highlights that pop to mind is the software-controllable spanning and offsetting of the ADC0831, and use of the integrated IR pair to make those reflective switch experiments easier and show how to provide best sensitivity and responstivity. It's been fairly well tested, we've used it our "Process Control Electronics" lab for the past 3 years while it was going through writing and proofing.

For the educator, an instructor's guide with questions and answers are available through the Parallax Educator's Forum.

I hope ya'll enjoy it and find it useful. Our thanks to Parallax for seeing this through, and especially to Stephanie, Rich, Andy and of course Ken.

-Martin Hebel ( & Will Devenport )

I'm just glad I had my part done before the Propeller came out... [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Martin Hebel
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale - Electronic Systems Technologies

Personal Links with plenty of BASIC Stamp info
    StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control