Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Test Box — Parallax Forums

Test Box

PJAllenPJAllen BannedPosts: 5,065
edited 2006-06-17 21:15 in Robotics
· Actually, this was not made with a STAMP product, but for them.
· Inputs & Outputs are what it's all about.
· I don't like switches flopping around on leads or itty-bitty push-buttons, and it seems like I can't have too many LEDs.
· I·salted away·a few of these old (dot-matrix) printer control panels, 5 push-buttons with 5 LEDs.· So, I just connect a SIP to the breadboard and jumper as necessary to the STAMP pins.
· I had Dremelled away some of the box-top to accomodate the LEDs, but not much, most of it is still there (otherwise the control panel would bow with button pushes.)
· Now it's quite handy to have switches and confirmation LEDs.
· As you can see, it has its own 5V supply for the LEDs, minimizing any contribution from the STAMP's VDD.·

· (Sorry the picture is a bit shakey, I'm totally stoked this morning; three cups of tea.)

Post Edited (PJ Allen) : 6/17/2006 6:10:27 PM GMT
1092 x 810 - 87K
1248 x 960 - 200K

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-06-17 21:15
    That's cool. Nice to see how people organize themselves in order to begin a project....which can be a project all on its own! haha

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."