Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Help using my display — Parallax Forums

Need Help using my display

David92680David92680 Posts: 10
edited 2006-06-16 14:00 in BASIC Stamp
Just recently got a display and im trying to learn how to control characters using buttons for inputs. I’ve got 3 buttons setup as inputs one for left; one for right and the 3rd one is the active button. The display is going to have 5 characters that will scroll left and right with the left and right buttons and ever character is in the middle of the display would be activated. Each character would be setup to run its own program. Based on the information that ive read im having trouble coming up with the program. Can some one please help me get in the right direction on programming something like this. Thanks

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-06-16 02:35
    C'mon... what exactly are we on about?· [noparse][[/noparse]make, model, description, a link?]
  • David92680David92680 Posts: 10
    edited 2006-06-16 03:48
    My Setup is an education BS2 and my display is a Parallax 2x16 Serial LCD (Backlit)
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-16 14:00
    Hello,

·· Have you read through the existing documentation for the LCD and tested button input by itself?· Also, I would recommend going through our "What's A Microcontroller?" text, a free download from our webiste in PDF format.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28152

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com