Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IR Transmitter & receiver project — Parallax Forums

IR Transmitter & receiver project

sundarsundar Posts: 10
edited 2006-06-18 10:52 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone.

·i just got a new IR receiver and a transmitter (not sold by parallax,got it from a local shop).
I wanted to do the IR Stamp weekend application using Basic stamp 2 module.But the project doesnt seems to work at all.it just says the same thing even if an object is removed or placed before it.
(i used the program 1.2 in this link http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/audiovis/infraredemittingdiode.pdf)

The IR Receiver is of type TSOP 1738 (38 KHz detector)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

sundar.

Comments

• edited 2006-06-15 18:29
    One thing I noticed is that the TSOP 1738 pinout is different from the PNA4602 used in infraredemittingdiode.pdf. If you wired it up following the Parallax PDF, it definitely won't work. Make sure to figure out which is the ground, power and signal pins on the PNA4602, then adjust your schematic for this other detector.
  • sundarsundar Posts: 10
    edited 2006-06-17 14:39
    sorry i forgot to mention that ive used the pin details from vishay.com

i also wired the things correct,checked 2-3 times and it still didnt work.

i also found that the program is written for PBASIC 2.0

But no use.

Thanks for those replies .

sundar.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-06-17 15:30
    Just to be clear --·it's this way (attached)?
    270 x 348 - 10K
    edited 2006-06-18 06:12
    Thanks for the reply.
    I didnt connect the receiver like that in your image.I had reversed the Ground and P OUT pins(exact replica ).Anyway ill try it out with your pin details.But as per the pin details available at http://www.vishay.com/ir-receiver-modules/ are different from yours.

sundar.
    edited 2006-06-18 07:21
    Thanks for the image Allen.I used your pin detail and the IR Remote code App is working.But yet the weekend app kit isnt working.But i have to check it again.

Thanks everyone.

sundar.
    edited 2006-06-18 07:22
    Maybe i was confused with the one given in vishay.com. hehe
    edited 2006-06-18 10:52
    Hello.

Im a newbie to stamp world.Just got the BS2 Discovery kit a week ago,and im yet to complete 6 chapters in what's a microcontroller curriculum.
    Im interested in IR things and i have done an IR Stop watch project now.Can anyone test this circuit (perfectly works for me) and tell me any suggestions ?(The image and program are attached)

Use an ordinary remote for applying reset to the stop watch.

Thanks in advance.

sundar.

Post Edited (sundar) : 6/18/2006 10:57:59 AM GMT
    441 x 149 - 6K