Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Remove before flight pin — Parallax Forums

Remove before flight pin

Mike15Mike15 Posts: 109
edited 2006-06-16 13:34 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to add a remove before flight pin to a rocket payload and am having some trouble.

·When I run the pin program the circut works but when I run it in the flight program it dosn't work at all.

I have power·connected to pin 14 set high.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-15 01:45
    Mike,

·· I'm not clear on what you're trying to do, but I can tell you that in your pin.bs2 program you have GOSUB for two routines, but instead of RETURNing from one you are using a GOTO.· You should have 1 RETURN for every GOSUB in your program under normal circumstances.· In your FlightcomputerTestA.bs2 program the test at the beginning will GOSUB to SerialControl only if you eventually change the value to a 1 when returning to the Main routine.·

·· As you have it now when you run the program flag contains 0 (as per the DATA statement) so when the READ loads that into islaunch it will be zero.· Now, since that fails your routine drops right down to the Flight routine.· Is this not what you intend to happen?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Mike15Mike15 Posts: 109
    edited 2006-06-15 02:48
    Yes but then I want to read an earphone jack and pin(Flight Pin). Used to set up the rocket on the launch pad then remove the pin to show when the rocket is ready to start launch countdown.

I already have the flight computer made and have PC terminals for access to the free pins.
    By doing this I need to set pin 14 high and want to monitor the earphone jack on pin 13. A good example of this would be the whiskars on the Boe-Bot.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-15 05:07
    Mike,

·· I'm not clear on what you want to read the pin after.· Did you make the changes to the code?· I am not sure what applies in the code to what you're trying to do.· You said it's not working but which part if not what I pointed out?· I would be happy to assist you if you could help me understand a few more details.· Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-16 13:34
    I'm not certain that I understand what you're trying to do...

Does the pin actually interrupt anything in the HardWare, or is it all done in SoftWare?
    A 'safety device' which can be bypassed by buggy software is no safety device at all.

ALL saftey pins I've ever seen is for mechanical interuption of the mechanisms.
    (Working with ANY kind of explosives, you'll soon learn to appreciate safety devices which works)

And Arming switches are of the 'Normally open' kind, so that the circuit is interrupted until manually switched.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...