Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp ethernet question — Parallax Forums

Stamp ethernet question

tmacktmack Posts: 8
edited 2006-06-14 22:52 in BASIC Stamp
· I am thinking of getting a rs232 ethernet connector. Can anyone tell me if that would be all I would need to connect my stamp to my pc to control it ? I want to be able to control my scribbler wirelessly within my ethernet area. Thanks for any help. Im new to stamp mc and to this forumn.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-06-14 03:20
    You will have to give us way more information than that. Which "connector" for starters

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • tmacktmack Posts: 8
    edited 2006-06-14 04:22
    ·I was thinking of this one
    http://www.factorycomm.com/gc-net232-mb.html
    ·Is there one that is easier than others ?
    ·
  • tmacktmack Posts: 8
    edited 2006-06-14 04:32
    ·My next question was going to be about using rs232 modems(some typeof xbee) ·to give me R/c of a stamp from a pc. Do I need some sort of interface? Is there a reference out there that I could read about interfacing the stamp through other rs232 means?
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-06-14 14:23
    It depends on what functionality you are trying to get- The PINK module is cheaper than that adapter, and is more than just an RS232-ethernet bridge (what that device is)-

Can you elaborate on your project requirements?

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-06-14 22:52
    The device you called out is actually a "MODBUS" to Ethernet adapter. While ModBus does use the RS-232 DB-9 physical pin-out, I think you might have a hard time getting your PC to use that device to talk to the ethernet. And a BS2 is not as capable as your PC, so it would be even harder.

Try the PINK module first.