Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem when using Basic Stamp Editor V2.2.5 — Parallax Forums

Problem when using Basic Stamp Editor V2.2.5

RongRong Posts: 25
edited 2006-06-13 03:10 in BASIC Stamp
Does anyone know why I often was unable to hit "enter" and go to the next line when creating a program using The Basic Stamp Editor Program V2.2.5? I am not sure of the specific keystrokes involved, but several times today, using it to complete assignments in the "What's a Microprocessor?" workbook, the cursor would not go below my last line, and would not allow me to continue. I ended up having to reboot the program, but the problem re occured, in different lines. It was only if I did not have to backtrack and was able to enter each line without corrections that I was able to write the whole program. Anyone ever had this happen?
Ron Giuntini

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Ron Giuntini

San Francisco

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-12 16:38
    Ron,

·· I have never heard of this issue before.· Are you able to duplicate it on another computer?· It sounds more likely that there is something on the computer that might be causing the problem or there was a problem with the installation where something got corrupted.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • RongRong Posts: 25
    edited 2006-06-13 00:56
    I will keep my eye on it and repost if I get any further occurances or information.
    Ron

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ron Giuntini

San Francisco
    edited 2006-06-13 01:40
    Ron,

·· If it happens again, try shutting down all background tasks to see if something might be causing problems.· Might be some background task not playing nicely.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • RongRong Posts: 25
    edited 2006-06-13 03:01
    Chris,
    I found what was causing it...I was accidentally hitting the Insert Key, causing a wider cursor, and at that point, the cursor was not able to go below the last line of code. By pressing the "delete" key, things returned to normal. I imagine this is something that can be duplicated. At any rate, I am happily continuing...BTW, I purchased two boe bot kits for the summer, one for my son, and one for me to simultaneously build. Thanks. Maybe I will see you at SF State this weekend.

Ron

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ron Giuntini

San Francisco
    edited 2006-06-13 03:10
    Ron,

·· I'm glad you got it figured out.· Don't know if I will be able to make the show or not, but either way have fun and enjoy yourself.· I've seen the line-up and it looks pretty packed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com