Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1USB stamp — Parallax Forums

BS1USB stamp

KarnaKarna Posts: 1
edited 2006-06-11 00:36 in BASIC Stamp
1) RS has a nice $79 kit. Is there a similar kit that uses USB? So far everything seems to be $150!

2) Obviously the BS1USB is intended to be plugged into a USB port and loaded and run.

But, could it be removed from the USB port -- after programming -- and powered via its Vcc and G pins? In other words, run as a stand alone Stamp?

3) If that's not possible, I can send BS1USB control signals to the BOT via RF. (I bought a Rock Crawler for $15.) The BS1USB would control the Crawler's RF controller.

But, I need to send information back to the BS1USB. Left and Right Whisker, for example. The BOT could have a dual- or tri-color LED. That's EZ.

Any ideas how to recognize the color of the LED back at the BS1USB?

4) For really commplicated AI programming, the Basic program needs to run on a PC -- not in a Stamp. If I went that way, is their a way to use a Stamp -- or should I be looking at a different solution. A USB or Bluetooth device that can send/receive data to a board on a BOT?

Thank you,
Steve

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-11 00:36
    Steve,

·· You can can power the BS1USB from the Vcc and GND pins.· The program is retained in the EEPROM.· I hope this helps.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com