Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to use multiple program in one stamp Board — Parallax Forums

how to use multiple program in one stamp Board

naganaga Posts: 3
edited 2006-06-09 06:42 in BASIC Stamp
hi,

i am using stamp board now. (BS2). This already having one program.
how i will use another program with out affecting the old program in EEPROM.

and also please tell how to erase the EEPROM loaded program.
thanks
Naga.S

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-06-08 15:32
    You will need to combine the two programs in the stamp editor before downloading them to the stamp. The existing program is erased when you install (upload) a new one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2006-06-08 23:56
    Well, unless the two programs are meant to work as one big program, I don't think combining the two will do much good. The Stamp is meant to hold and run only one program at a time.

What you need to do is just make sure you save all your programs on your computer (and if you're careful you'll save an extra copy somewhere else, like on a floppy or cd-rom).

You can always go back and reload an old program by writing over the one already in the Stamp, because as Franklin said, the old program is erased and replaced by the new one.

- Rick
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-06-09 06:42
    Folks -

Just a minor correction to Rick's posting. With a PBASIC Stamp BS-2, only one program can be present at any given time. With the BS-2SX and any of the BS2p* processors, there are 8 separate memory banks available for program coding, thus up to 8 programs might exist, each with its own progam bank.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->