Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Smd Sx28 PCB — Parallax Forums

Smd Sx28 PCB

amirbaramamirbaram Posts: 13
edited 2006-06-08 18:54 in General Discussion
I have programmed the sx28 DIP with no problem and now had a PCB assembled with the SX28 Smd chip. I am experiencing a few problems, maybe you have some suggestions...
My program outputs sound through one pin (RC4) and turns on a led through another pin (RA0).
When I turn the power on using an external oscillator most of the time both outputs work. But, sometimes only the led turns on and sometimes only the sound is outputed. Also sometimes one of them doesn't turn on and after a few seconds it starts working. Also, sometimes the sound starts out at a different pitch as if the oscillator is running at a slower rate for a few seconds and then it starts running at the normal rate.
The power switch on the new board is with a potentiometer with a power switch that is also used to control the volume - this is a new one for me - didn't have it on my board with the DIP chip and am suspecting that the potentiometer might be responsible for the problem. Don't have the equipment or know how to test the electronics, will go see an electrician in another week to test but wanted to see if anybody has some suggestions.

·

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-06-08 11:03
    Can you post your code and schematic ?
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Mythbusters
    ·
  • amirbaramamirbaram Posts: 13
    edited 2006-06-08 12:56
    I attached the source code plus the schematic and layout files for PCB123. There is also static noise comming out of the audio whenever I run a program that doesn't output sound (no sound outputed allows me to hear the noise) I can also hear the noise during the programming.
    Thanks,
    Amir
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-06-08 15:05
    Can you post a PICTURE of the schematic ?

I downloaded PCB123 and installed it only to find that the "rar" file is not a PCB123 file. So I downloaded winrar to uncompress the rar file. Opened it in PCB123 and it says "part missing" all over the place.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Mythbusters
    ·
  • amirbaramamirbaram Posts: 13
    edited 2006-06-08 18:54
    Thank you very much for your help and sorry for being unclear. I captured the schematic and layout into the gif file.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Amir
    1734 x 1674 - 56K