Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need someone to hold my hand through a simple automotive project... — Parallax Forums

I need someone to hold my hand through a simple automotive project...

brettmbrettm Posts: 36
edited 2006-06-22 16:53 in BASIC Stamp
I've been reading here for a couple months and even ordered a BS1 (cheap) just to hold in my hand what you're all talking about (even though it's mainly BS2 stuff).· I can be an electrical moron at times and certainly don't know how to program code, so I was hoping someone could just walk me through an automotive project that is many times simpler than other stuff I see going here.· Basically I just·want to control·a few·~12v sources with a few momentary buttons, but it's too complicated to just use relays.

if you'd be willing to help, I'd certainly find some way to thank you, but I can't offer much in the way of money.· Please shoot me an email or private message.· email: mynameisbrett@hotmail.com

Thanks guys!

Comments

• ktekxktekx Posts: 71
    edited 2006-06-05 04:54
    hi brettm, I think you might be posting in the wrong section, but anyway, if you want to get started with Stamps, Parallax offers a ton of FREE beginner's tutorials and documentation as well as project tips and many other things.

I got started myself before I ever bought a Stamp, I read their very helpful Stampworks tutorials and then bought the "What is a Microcontroller" kit. Once you've learned the basics, you can build off what you've learned. And I always come back to this forum for help when I'm stuck on something.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/siccurriculum/documentation_sic_curriculum.asp

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/StampworksManual.pdf

Hope that helps you get started. smile.gif
  • brettmbrettm Posts: 36
    edited 2006-06-05 07:22
    Mods, if this is the wrong forum, my apologies and feel free to move it.

I know I could learn how to do it myself, but it seems like a lot to learn to just use it one time for something pretty simple. I guess if I can't get some help I'll just have to spend the extra time and money to do it the hard way.
  • DigitalDjDigitalDj Posts: 207
    edited 2006-06-11 17:35
    I feel your pain, but it you save this for a winter project when your locked up in the house it will be well worth the effort. You will find yourself using your knowledge then for more projects. Automotive projects are cool and there is alot of possibilities with processors. I get frustrated sometimes because there is alot to learn when it comes to programming and processors. Believe me it is easier to learn and do it youself and the way you want to do it and ask questions along the way. If you can find someone to pair up with outside the forum like a friend that is into electronics then it becomes a buddy project. Alot of these projects are not done in a day or two so you have to have patience.

Good Luck!

Kevin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Education And Experience Teaches Knowledge Not Arrogance ! (Unknown)
    The Only Stupid Question Is The One Not Asked ! (Unknown, of coarse this is something that i would say)
    Do Not Burn The Bridge That Has Brought You Forth You May·Need To Journey Back ! (Chinese)
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-06-12 04:02
    Brett:

You'll find that people on this forum are more than happy to lends lots of help if you show that you're willing to spend a little effort on your own.

Good luck!

-Steve

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-06-22 16:53
    This thread is being moved from the·Completed Projects·Forum to the·BASIC Stamp·Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com