Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Obd-ii — Parallax Forums

Obd-ii

tye45tye45 Posts: 2
edited 2006-06-05 14:08 in BASIC Stamp
Has anyone built a OBD-II reader with a BSII?

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-06-03 17:02
    Yes and NO...

this is a project of mine that went on the backburner over a year ago....hate to blame her...but met a woman and was 'otherwise preoccupied'.
    Anyhow, there are a few interface chips you can get that will 'serial' data in and out that a stamp would fit nicely on the end of.
    The stamp could then be used with an LCD and inputs to select the things you want to monitor.

The main issue is that it's very hard to find the actual OBD2 protocol information on the net.· You have to pay for that benefit.
    Anyhow, here's a site that I bought my chip from (http://www.elmelectronics.com/obdic.html)....

I did build the associated circuitry for this chip and was able to talk to the chip through procomm/hyperterminal; the Canadian winter came about shortly after that and it was far to cold to work outside so it got shelved.

With a new house and a removed gallbladder, I'm spending my time trying to learn the SX....so it might stay shelved for a bit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • tye45tye45 Posts: 2
    edited 2006-06-05 14:08
    Thanks,
    I didn't know it could be so easy!